Lean Giap Group of Companies is an industry leader in plastic resin trading with more than forty
years of experience and serving more than one thousand customers in Malaysia and Southeast
Asian countries. We are currently embarking on our expansion drive and transformation to be a
purpose-driven sustainable organization by prioritizing People, Planet & Profit and adopting
circularity in our business, core values, and culture.
Our people are our prized assets. Our success over the last forty years is made possible only by the
dedication and commitments of our people and leaders towards excellence in all our business
approaches and our operations, in our services to our customers, and our emphasis on
transformative and progressive work culture.
In view of our expansion, we invite like-minded human resource professional with related
managerial experiences and qualifications to come onboard to join us in our exciting growth, and
the transformative and progressive journey towards purpose-driven excellence.
The Human Resource Manager plays a pivotal and leading role in employee relations and human
resource management of the entire Group. He/she is expected to be mature, highly motivated with
high integrity, have good leadership skills and business acumen, technology savvy, articulate and
eloquent in all areas of communications, proficient in talent management, and maintain updated
industry best practices and solutions on human resource regulations, laws, and related matters.
Experience in Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) initiatives, including leadership roles in ESG,
implementing transformative culture, and communication on ESG related matters would be an
This is a full-time, senior management position reporting directly to the Executive Director and/or
Accountabilities, Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee HR planning, management & set-up of appropriate policies
- Build and lead a strong HR team and be responsible to drive key KPI metrics
- Work to develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures.
Transactional tasks and higher-level strategic initiatives will be required.
- Lead and oversee employee relations management, process, and procedures
- Strategize and drive employee talent management initiatives for employee excellence
- Lead for full-cycle recruiting for this location; writes and places advertisements; work with staffing partners, the team with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; handles the tasks at all levels and provide support to employees in all phases of the employment relationship, i.e., reference checking; job offers; conduct new-employee orientations; employee relations counselling; and conducts exit interviews.
- Lead the development of managers and supervisors in areas of employment law, performance management, and professional development. Provides guidance to supervisors on issues of employee performance, development, or discipline.
- Strategize and coordinate the planning & organization of training
- Review and improve on employee compensation & benefits administration
- Coordinate and advise on the set-up of fair & equal employment, diversity, nondiscrimination & inclusion policies in relation to ESG initiatives
- Lead and design employee’s ESG communication and culture transformation programs
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Drive Group’s social capital investment and community engagement
- Review and supervise the coordination of office administrative functions in relation to purchases such as stationeries, peripherals, security, cleaning, rental, utilities, etc
- Review and supervise the payroll function and employees’ tax-related matters, employees’ wellness, health & safety requirements, and other HR and administrative requirements, etc
- Adopter of Future of Work concept with potential of the hybrid working model with a highly skilled workforce, strong flexibility, and agility mindset
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen;
establishing policies, procedures and work schedules.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation, coaching, and influencing skills with all levels of employees and leaders, particularly overseeing the internal and external business and non-business communication.
- Purchase printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and
delivery; approving invoices.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to think conceptually and strategically while delivering a creative, speedy, and results-driven approach.
- Participates with the leadership team in developing & executing company strategic goals & objectives. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Lead workplace investigations. Keeps HR Corporate informed of potential unlawful allegations and investigations.
- Represent the company in unemployment claims, EEOC investigations, and other agency investigations.
- Review and advise on existing HR functions and all existing policies for improvement and changes in regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws, and regulations.
- The expected qualifications are as follows:
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience in HR managerial role; and
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree; or an MBA with related HR experience
Although this role work primarily in an office environment during business hours, during peak
periods or when dealing with month end closings, you may need to work much later hours in order
to successfully complete the job tasks.
Generally, the Company promotes a work-life balance work environment. Hence, regular exercise to keep oneself healthy and happy to make a difference.