- The key roles of PE:
- Core player in daily and monthly purchasing functions.
- Monitor warehouse inventory level.
- Act as supportive role to sales team.
- As strong back-up to senior and internal team as and when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities
- (1) Procurement
- To place order with supplier within stipulated timeline especially after pricing
announcement by supplier.
- To achieve the core objective of purchasing functions i.e. “buying right goods with right
price at right time”.
- To set standard/minimum selling price with proper due care and in accordance with
company’s policy. To deliver the information to sales team on time as part of team effort
to close deal within stipulated timeline.
- To work closely with Sales Team for operation matters such as confirmation of
customer’s order, goods delivery status to customer etc.
- To work closely with Finance on available credit limit and provide monthly and weekly
- To work closely with supplier on the purchase order and focus on on-time shipment, right
quantity and quality satisfaction.
- To monitor warehouse inventory level to ensure goods are replenish on time and sustain
the inventory at safety level.
- To arrange goods shipment on daily basis according to production schedule and
- To reconcile outstanding purchase order with vendor on every month end.
- To prepare purchase forecast to vendor.
- (2) Sales Support
- To assist sales team by taking care of certain group of customers and retain the
- To ensure the accuracy and timely processing of customer’s orders.
- To provide support on basic sales function such as sending sales quotation, creation and
completeness of sales order.
- (3) Reporting
- To ensure internal reporting and working documents are prepared in satisfactory
- To provide monthly purchase forecast to Finance after the completion of Purchase Order
- To provide revised purchase forecast to Finance on weekly basis.
- To provide on-time reporting to Finance and Management on daily basis such as daily
sales status, MTD/YTD purchase status, and outstanding purchase order to supplier.
- To provide month end reconciliation of purchase order to Management for review.
As the Company’s Planning Executive ( PE) working experience in related industry would have
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes,
Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management,
Inventory Control, Verbal Communication, Independence, are crucial to Excel in this role.
On top of the above qualification, the Company put emphasis on these professional qualities:
- To be professional, presentable, responsible
- Excellent communication skills and to be courteous
- Good attitude and willing to learn
- Good mathematical ability
- Commitment to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge on any major ERP system would be an advantage
- Proficient on MS-Word, Excel, Power Pont & etc
- Fresh graduate is welcomed to apply